Knowing your competition
The key to a successful marketing effort for Physical Therapists is to know your competition Ė the other Physical Therapists in the area that offer similar services. Sports therapists, osteopaths, and other variations are all forms of Physical Therapists that you should be aware of.
To fully understand your local market place and to decide what the best plan of action is to acquire new clients, you need to know everything you can about your competition.
Find your competitors
To find who is your local competition you can:
- Use the internet to search Google for physiotherapists in your area.
- Visit www.physio2u.co.uk the CSP's directory of private physiotherapists
- Visit www.physiodirectory.co.uk the OCPP directory of private physiotherapists
- Look in your local BT, Yellow Pages, and Thompson's directories
When you have found a list of your competitors ask yourself these questions:
- Who, specifically are your competitors?
- What level of competition do you face?
- How big is each practice?
- Where are their offices located?
- How much do they charge?
- How do you relate to the services they offer? (Price, quality, etc)
- Do they offer something that you don't?
- Do they focus on one type of treatment, or do they do many?
- How many patients do they have? Do they focus on specific types of patients, or do they serve the general public?
- Are their facilities better than yours? Do they have any special equipment you donít have?
Knowing this essential information will allow you to make better decisions in regards to planning, promotion, and how much you should charge. Knowing what the local market is like is essential to expanding your practice and making as much profit as possible.
Free website for 6 months!Try our a bespoke website 100% risk free for 6 months. No contracts. No strings. »
Have questions?Talk to us and find out more »